These Terms & Conditions govern the Picture Abu Dhabi Photography Competition 2021. The competition organisers are Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm. By accepting the Terms & Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm.
The organisers reserve the right to modify these Terms & Conditions without notice.
1. Competition Entry
- By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
- The Picture Abu Dhabi Photography Competition 2021 is open to professional and amateur photographers who are UAE residents.
- The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the Competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
- There is no fee to enter Picture Abu Dhabi Photography Competition 2021.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- Entries must be submitted by uploading them on Instagram by tagging @yallaabudhabi and @digitalfarm.ae on their photograph and following the competition rules outlined below. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
What to enter?
- Photographs either taken by mobile phone or DSLR camera that capture the essence of Abu Dhabi through the subjects of nature, culture and heritage or urban settings.
- Each entrant is only allowed to enter three images.
- The entrants can be UAE residents but the photographs entered must only be of locations within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
How to enter?
- Photo entries must be uploaded on Instagram and entrants must then tag @yallaabudhabi and @digitalfarm.ae on Instagram.
- Each photograph entered must include the category you are submitting for: DSLR | Mobile phone | Youth. Anyone entering the Youth category must be 18 years or under.
- Each photograph entered must also include the hashtags– #PictureAbuDhabi, #YallaAbuDhabi , #digitalfarm
- Once shortlisted, the organisers will contact you on how you can send the entries in high-resolution.
- Instagram accounts of the entrants need to be public so that the organisers can ensure that competition guidelines are met.
- Submissions on paper or post will not be accepted and failure to comply with any one of the aforementioned submission rules will automatically disqualify entries.
When to submit?
- The tracking of submissions on Instagram will end on 30 June, 2021. This date is subject to change and will be relayed to the community through all the organisers’ social media platforms.
- Any submissions uploaded on Instagram after this date will not be eligible to enter. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entries that are late illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt will not be accepted.
Key information on the photographs
- Photographs being uploaded must not have won the overall award of any major global competition.
- Photographs uploaded must not be submitted into any other photography competition until the publication of the results of Picture Abu Dhabi.
- The photograph must not have been published previously in any other publication or website.
- By uploading images on Instagram for Picture Abu Dhabi Competition, each user confirms and warrants that:
- They are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- They own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- They have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by the organisers and will indemnify the organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- They have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by the organisers;
- They have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by the organisers and will indemnify the organisers against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- They don’t include any trademarks and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable UAE law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties.
- An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that wildlife law or animal welfare requirements may have been breached or it has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
- Domestic pets and farm animals are not eligible, nor are native or exotic wildlife photographed in zoos, sanctuaries, shows and fairs or similar locations.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- The organisers take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The judging process will be three-tiered process and will be made up of members of the organiser’s team and UAE volunteers who are professional photography experts.
- The Creative and Production heads at digitalfarm will shortlist entries which will further be reviewed by the visual experts at Yalla Abu Dhabi Life and digitalfarm. The final shortlist will be sent to professional photography experts who are renowned in their field.
- The panel of judges will go through all entries and grade them according to predetermined criteria before the final winners are announced.
- The panel will select images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity of composition.
- Judges will assess entries to establish category winners and commended photographers, and collectively agree on the overall competition winners.
- If judges have reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then the panel may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- Digital adjustments are acceptable; however, the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. Cropping is allowed.
- The Judges will select one winner and one runner up from each category of Mobile phone, DSLR Camera and Youth- under 18
- The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- Contacting / lobbying of judges or award administrators/advisors will result in immediate disqualification from Picture Abu Dhabi Photography Competition.
3. Announcement of Shortlisted Entries and Winners
- The competition will end on 30 June and the judges will begin to review the entries through the months of July and August.
- The first round of shortlisted entries will be announced on 1 August, 2021 and the final winners will be announced on 1 September, 2021.
- The shortlisted entries will be contacted via direct message on Instagram for contact details on how to proceed.
- The shortlisted entrants will be allowed 5 days to respond to the message before the organisers contact another entrant.
- The final Winners will be notified by the organisers by email within 5 days of being selected and given details of how to claim their prizes.
- If the winner does not respond to the email within 14 days of being notified of their win, the prize will be forfeited and the Judges shall be entitled to select another winner and that winner will have to respond to the email within 14 days or else they will also forfeit the prize.
- If a winner rejects the prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Judges shall be entitled to select another winner using the process aforementioned.
- Judges will choose the winner from each category.